At RPR Commercial we have a goal of becoming the nation’s top technology for researching and analyzing commercial real estate opportunities. With this in mind, our data and integration partnerships are strategically selected so that whether they provide local economic activity or traffic counts, they all provide nationwide coverage and usability. So just by being a Realtor® and creating an RPR account, users have unparalleled access to the following…
•Over 35 million Commercial public records: sales history, distressed details, taxes, etc.
•Demographic and Economic Data: population growth, income data, unemployment, etc.
•Esri Tapestry Segmentation: consumer preferences and ancillary community data
•Traffic Counts: mapped historic counts with projections based on growth
•Business Points of Interest: Mapped locations and details about the business
•Attribute Based Site Selection
•Retail Supply/Demand Based Site Selection
•Property, Trade Area and Analysis Report Generation
•Mobile App for Apple and Android Devices
Realtors® today are being rewarded by their clients for providing data that backs up their buy-or-lease decisions and RPR Commercial is here to consolidate that needed information into one easy to access platform.
For several years, we have allowed members to push their property listings to a number of national websites, including:
While extra exposure on these sites has been a benefit for some members, it has become increasingly problematic:
• After we share your listing data with these partners, we have no control over how the listings are handled. We regularly run into issues where information is being displayed inaccurately, incompletely, or is not being refreshed in a timely manner. Often, when members receive leads from these sites, it's for listings that have already been sold/leased.
• Some partners have been making direct calls or sending email to members – sometimes on purpose, sometimes in error. These communications often ask members to log in to update their listings on the partners' sites, or to learn more about a lead, causing general confusion.
• Some partners have taken to selling placement on these property listings in an attempt to monetize the data, allowing competing agents to pay to have their contact information displayed on another agent's listing.
While your members have always had the ability to opt-out of these sharing arrangements, these recurring issues have grown to outweigh the benefits.
Starting on June 1, we will no longer be pushing member listings in bulk to these national websites. A couple important details:
• This does not affect other syndication arrangements or feeds your group may have in place with other vendors, economic development groups, RPR, etc.
• These partners are contractually obligated to delete all copies of the data we've shared with them by June 1.
Going forward, syndication will be handled by request – giving your group more control over where and how your listings are displayed. If you're interested in continuing to syndicate member listings to one or more of these national websites, we can make your data available to them via our API. Reach out to your Catylist rep for more details.
If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you!
The Catylist Team